Our employee-owned company designs and builds high quality machinery for industry leading global clients. This is your chance to join a great work culture and become part of an engineering team working on dynamic products. Our employees have the opportunity to develop their skills in all aspects of machine design and control and to gain ownership in the company.
Our engineers will use machine specifications to create electric and pneumatic control schematics for new systems and for systems based on existing designs. This includes PLCs and HMIs for industrial mechanical and servo-based machinery. Work alongside other engineers in the development, installation and troubleshooting of industrial machinery automation both via remote connection and in person. Create on-line technical manuals and documentation. Support technicians during assembly and commissioning of equipment in a fascinating industry.
- Experience programming Rockwell PLCs and HMIs using Studio 5000 tools with an emphasis on efficient and effective code design and commenting.
- Servo motor experience including sizing, programming, troubleshooting, and tuning as well as electrical noise control and torque limiting techniques.
- Experience with cam profiles for motion control including analysis, creation, and modification of cam profiles and motion studies on both mechanical and virtual profiles.
- Understanding of electrical design of industrial machine controls ranging from 110 to 480 VAC including power distribution, fuse/breaker selection, surge suppression, and short circuit current capacity.
- Ability to design, modify, and troubleshoot pneumatic systems including calculations for flow, consumption, and filtration requirements.
- Experience with PID control and tuning
- Use of 2D CAD to create accurate electrical and pneumatic schematics.
- 3D CAD experience to design control panels and enclosures. (SolidWorks preferred.)
- Interest in design, fabrication and troubleshooting of high-speed machinery.
- Analytical problem-solving skills and strong understanding of physics
- Work well in a team environment with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to produce clear and concise operating instructions and documentation.
- Candidate must be thorough and accurate with excellent time management and organization skills
- Familiar with applicable codes and regulations (e.g. NFPA 70 & 79, UL)
- BSEE or equivalent
- Experience with food processing or packaging equipment preferred
Travel & Pay
Position requires approximately 5% travel. Excellent pay and benefits determined upon qualification