Seeking a CAD Technician/ Drafter for work with content related to mechanical engineering drawings, manuals and HMI graphics technology. We welcome inquiries from candidates with up to five years of experience, including those at the career entry level. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply their computer skills with CAD software (TurboCAD, SolidWorks) and be flexible to learn others. Additionally, this position offers a great opportunity for a motivated, detail oriented person to support our mechanical engineering team as needed.
You will be refining and simplifying engineering drawings, then preparing them for importing via SolidWorks to create graphics for our HMI touch screen display interfaces among other engineering related projects. In addition, you will assist in creation of technical manual content including set-up procedures and troubleshooting processes. The right candidate is a team player, self-motivated, organized and able to manage multiple projects.
- Diploma or equivalent competence in 3D Computer Aided Design
- Minimum of 2-4 years 3D CAD work including creating detail drawings from solid models
- Able to convert exported engineering drawings into parts manual images for use in machine interface (touch screen images) as well as print manuals
- Proficient with computers and able to learn new software
- Attention to detail and aesthetics and able to maintain a clean workspace
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers.
- Basic technical writing skills.
- Committed to quality work and detail-oriented excellence
- Some history of mechanical related experience is desirable
- Capable of contributing new ideas, designs and methods
This position will develop, write and edit material for Parts Manuals as well as creating detail drawings of parts and assemblies designed by others in the group.
- Clean up CAD drawings and illustrated designs for inclusion in technical manuals
- Collaborate with technicians and design engineers to create illustrations, set-up procedures, and troubleshooting guides for manuals
- Review applicable change notices for new and revised engineering and update documentation
- Use software to retrieve, orient to desired view, explode into individual components, and save into a format to use with illustrating software
- Create detail drawings from solid models or marked-up drawings of machined parts, weldments, and assemblies created by yourself or others
Salary determined upon qualifications, full benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are a rapidly growing, fast-paced manufacturing company. We are highly committed to being the industry leader in designing, fabricating, and integrating turn key assembly systems for manufacturing facilities.